Vanderveer Industrial Plastics is Hiring Manufacturer’s Reps
About the Job
Vanderveer Industrial Plastics is a leader in the world of high-performance thermoplastics and high-pressure thermoset composites and laminates. Currently, we are seeking to aggressively grow our manufacturing business across the nation.
We aim to target the Texas market, and branch out to surrounding areas, including Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Florida. Alongside this, we are searching for representation in the Northern California market, also to include Oregon, and Washington.
We are looking for a high energy Outside Sales Representative/Manufacturer’s Representative that is well connected and has a strong background in selling precision machined components.
Target customer markets include oil and gas, aerospace, manufacturing of all kinds, and precision machined components within the electronics and semiconductor industry.
About the Opportunity:
This position entails:
- Identifying and establishing new customers and expanding business
- Selling the capabilities of a precision machining operation
- Developing the sales call plan and executing the plan throughout each week
- Traveling frequently to existing and potential customer sites
- Working with customers to understand each quote request, and provide value added assistance to reduce cost and optimize the design for manufacturability
- Managing relationships and growing business with existing customers by providing exceptional customer service
- Working with internal resources to prepare all information needed for quoting in a timely manor
- Communicating with customers on the status of their projects
- Keeping up to date with the capabilities and technology available and communicating with customers on new developments
- Ensuring the customer is treated with a high sense of urgency and following up to make sure that the customer’s goals were met.
A combination of education and experience which will provide the required skills and knowledge for successful performance of the above responsibilities.
Typical qualification would be equivalent to:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in sales of precision machined components
- Computer competency is required, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of Sage a plus, however not required.
Compensation, along with Contract to be discussed in detail upon initial meeting.
To apply, please submit Resume, along with Cover Letter, and Line Card to firstname.lastname@example.org.