FDA Compliant Plastic Parts Machining
At Vanderveer Industrial Plastics, we specialize in FDA-compliant plastic machining of high-quality plastic parts to meet stringent requirements for high-purity food-processing systems where critical pure water, process fluids (both ambient and hot), CIP, SIP, and WFI environments exist. To help avoid downtime, recalls, and contaminations, our food-grade plastic machined parts increase efficiency and consistently ensure the safety and integrity of our clients’ high-value food and beverage products. Also, our premium plastic food processing parts and components help create cleaner environments and keep consumers safer, including x-ray and metal detectable plastics that can prevent foreign material from being packaged in food and beverage products.
As process conditions in the food processing industry become more severe, sanitary plastic parts must meet the need for greater process purity. Our food-grade plastic machined parts offer excellent chemical, steam, and thermal resistance, exceptional mechanical performance, and unmatched performance for longer service life and reduced maintenance. Finally, plastic parts are lightweight and cause significantly less wear than metals on mating parts and food packaging.
High-performing plastics, composites, and laminates play an integral role in equipment reliability and food safety in the food and beverage industry. These materials offer numerous advantages over traditional materials and are used extensively in metal-replacement applications to reduce downtime and maintenance cycles due to material fatigue, wear and tear, and friction.
- Food and Beverage Safety—Food-safe materials that are approved for safe contact with foods and beverages without adversely affecting the product.
- Easy Sterilization—Handles frequent sterilization cycles without degradation or wear. Also, highly effective at repelling bacteria and some plastics show great bacteria resistance.
- Lightweight and Durable—Provides longer wear and life longevity while reducing maintenance cycles and costly downtime.
- Excellent Machinability—Can be formed and molded into various shapes and sizes while keeping tolerances and not cracking or breaking.
- Good Wear Material and Abrasion Resistance—Provides longer part life with less wear and tear and friction on mating components. This increases efficiency and performance while decreasing downtime.
- Mechanical Strength—Offers excellent strength-to-density ratio with high impact strength.
- Cost Savings—Cheaper alternative to metals with superior benefits, including reduced maintenance cost, longer part life, and reduced part replacement costs.
- Exceptional Heat and Chemical Resistance—Can withstand harsh chemicals and high temperatures used to clean food processing equipment. Ideal in both very low and high temperatures due to great thermal stability.
WHAT ARE APPLICATIONS OF FOOD-GRADE PLASTIC MACHINED PARTS?
Vanderveer Industrial Plastics produces food-grade plastic machined parts that enhance production, speed, and safety in a variety of applications in the food and beverage industry, including meat, fish, and poultry processing, dairy products, baked goods, and confectionery production.
Common applications for food-grade plastics include the following:
- Seals and Gaskets
- Rings and Clamps
- Tubing and Pipes
- Belt Scrapers
- Conveyer Corner Trackers
- CIP, SIP, and WFI Components
- Processing Parts
- Washing Equipment
- Bushings and Bearings
Vanderveer offers plastic fabrication services that'll cut cost and time without sacrificing product quality.
Click here to read about plastic machining!
COMMON PLASTICS USED IN THE FOOD AND BEVERAGE INDUSTRY
Each plastic material has its own unique characteristics and properties. We can help you select the right plastic to support the needs of your food processing and packaging parts and components.
CONTACT US FOR YOUR FDA-COMPLIANT PLASTIC SOLUTIONS
Using FDA-compliant plastic machining, Vanderveer Plastics’ food-grade plastics meet the stringent demands of the food and beverage industry. Contact our knowledgeable experts to discuss for your unique food processing and packaging applications and requirements.