Aerospace & Aviation Plastic Machining
At Vanderveer Industrial Plastics we make sure to manufacture high-grade machined plastic components, which are utilized in multiple industries for a variety of applications. One of these industries being Aerospace and Aviation, Vanderveer Industrial Plastics stocks a wide variety of plastics, composites, and laminates to meet the demanding performance requirements of this field.
The usage of plastics within the design and construction has helped to streamline operations and ensure applications. High-grade machined plastic have numerous advantages when compared to metals including:
- Lightweight & Durable – plastic's high strength-to-weight ratio makes it a great replacement for interior components
- Cost Effective – not only is plastic less expensive, but this light material results in fuel savings
- Impact, Corrosion, & Chemical Resistant – meaning a longer lasting part when compared to metal counterparts
- High Thermal & Mechanical Capabilities – plastic can withstand temperature swings
- Ease of assembly – plastic offers more flexibility in design of components
- Plastic adheres to the FAA's strict flame, smoke & toxicity
- Offers electrical insulation properties not provided by aluminum or other metals
Machined Plastic Component Usage in the Aerospace and Aviation Industry:
Machined engineering plastic has undoubtedly increased the performance, efficiency, and professionalism within the aerospace and aviation industry. The introduction and acceptance of plastic in the aerospace and aviation industry did not take place overnight. Now in the forefront of minds for a variety of reasons, plastics aim to facilitate the next generation of commercial, military, and space aircraft. One of these reasons being economical, as plastic is lighter in weight when compared to metals, therefore reducing the cost. Vanderveer Industrial Plastics stocks a wide variety of plastics, composites and laminates to meet the demanding performance requirements of this field.
Common Plastics Used in the Aerospace and Aviation Industry
We recognize that the aviation and aerospace industries require:
- Strict adherence to specifications
- Lot and batch traceability
- Materials that stand up to extreme operating environments
What Applications utilize Plastic Components within the Aerospace and Aviation Industry?
- Aircraft windows and canopies
- Aircraft tray tables
- Panel and Gears
- Gear handle
- Bearings and Seals
- Module housings
- Interior components
- Wire wrap insulation
Vanderveer offers plastic fabrication services that'll cut cost and time without sacrificing product quality.
Click here to read about plastic machining!
Vanderveer Industrial Plastics is a supplier of plastic sheet, rod, and tube for aviation and aerospace machine shops and fabricators. Upon request, Vanderveer Industrial Plastics offers a complete lot and batch certifications documenting conformance to specifications.